After seeing and buying a mini silicone doughnut pan from Lakeland, it got my craving for doughnuts. I’m not a big fan of frying, but luckily I came across a recipe that was easy to follow and the end result was amazing. The mini doughnuts are the perfect size for when you just want a little something sweet.
100g Ground Almond
8 tbsp Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Self Raising Flour
4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
60g Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the ground almonds and the icing sugar together in a small bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Sift in the flour and the cocoa powder into the mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and butter until the batter comes together.
- Spoon the batter into doughnut pan.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For extra texture, icing could be drizzled on top then sprinkled with sprinkles or chopped nuts.
Recipe altered from YummyWorkshop.com