Another cold and refreshing dessert for the summery weathers ahead. If you prefer desserts with a creamy texture and taste, yet still refreshing, this is the one for you. The slight sour flavours from the berry sauce with the milky soft textures is the perfect combination.
250ml Single Cream
4 Sheets Gelatine
1tsp Vanilla Essence
- Soak the gelatine in water to soften.
- Heat the milk, single cream and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the gelatine leaves and stir into the cream. Stir until the gelatine has completely dissolved and set aside to cool.
- Pour into jelly molds and chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, place the jelly mold into a bowl of hot water for a few seconds to loosen and turn upside down onto a serving plate.
For the Berry Sauce
450g Mixed Berries (fresh or frozen)
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Blend 3/4 of the mixed berries with the water in a blender.
- Bring the mixed berry purée to a boil in a saucepan. Add the sugar and lemon juice and stir. Keep stirring ans simmer until it has thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- When ready, drizzle the mixed berry purée around the milk jelly and serve with the remaining berries.
Alternatively you can serve without the berry sauce and serve with fresh fruits instead.
Recipe altered from 精巧甜品 DIY by Rachel Yau