Everyone knows hot chocolate goes perfectly with marshmallows.
This is also an easier cupcake recipe if you do not want to go through with making the icing topping for cupcakes. Enjoy!
220g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
3 large eggs
180g plain flour
1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a microwavable bowl for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Cream the eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the smooth chocolate mixture and add in the flour and salt. Beat until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake tray and bake for 14 minutes.
- You can take them out at this point if you do not wish to have the marshmallow topping. However, if you do, then place a marshmallow on each of the cupcakes and bake for a further 3 minutes or until marshmallows have softened.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and flatten the marshmallows with the back of a spoon.
- When pressing down the marshmallow, always use a clean spoon. If some marshmallow bits get stuck to the spoon halfway, switch to another clean spoon, otherwise the remaining marshmallow will not look as nicely flattened.
Recipe altered from: cookingismypassion.blogspot.co.uk