Tomorrow is Pancake Day! WOOHOO! I think no matter how old you get, you’ll always look forward to Pancake Day hahaha!
Here is a pancake recipe with an oriental twist. The smooth cream, the crunchy red beans and the soft cake joins together to create different textures.
Happy Pancake Day!! Enjoy!! <3
Makes 4 large pancakes
60g Plain Flour
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
1 tbsp melted butter (for frying)
120ml Whipping Cream (whipped until stiff)
1 small piece cake
1 small can red beans (sometimes called Azuki beans)
- Sieve the flour and green tea powder. Add the sugar and still well.
- Whisk the milk and the egg together. Then gradually add the flour mixture. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat up a frying pan and grease slightly with the butter. Swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly. Fry until done.
- Thinly slice the cake. Arrange some red beans, whipped cream and a slice of cake onto the pieces of pancake. Fold the pancake into a parcel, sprinke with icing sugar and serve.
- Keep the cake slice thin to make it easily to fold the parcel.
- The can of red beans I used was in water so I added 2 tsp of sugar to flavour the red beans.
Alternatively, if you’re feeling lazy, you can always buy one of those ready to use pancake mixes and add 1 tsp of green tea powder in to make your pancakes. I know I would if I was feeling lazy haha!