I have had my bread maker for a while and haven’t been able to make a decent bread out of it so far. Was about to think maybe bread making wasn’t for me! XD hahaa Having always wanted to make Cinnamon Rolls and finally found a simple recipe for it, I thought I’d give a try. Was a bit worried at first about it being too sweet and/or with the cinnamon flavour being too overwhelming, but after a few adjustments to the original recipe, it turned out perfectly on first attempt.
For the Dough:
1 cup Warm Milk
75g Butter (melted)
4 cups Bread Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
2.5 tsp Yeast
For the Cinnamon Sugar Filling:
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1.5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
110g Butter (softened) + extra to grease the pan
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
60g Cream Cheese
110g Butter (softened)
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place the ingredients in the order above into a bread maker.
- Select the DOUGH making function and press START.
- When the dough is ready, take it out on the bread maker and put in a glass bowl and cover with cling film. Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow it to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and ground cinnamon together.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface until you have a rectangular shape of approximately 16″ x 21″.
- Spread the butter onto the dough and sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar.
- Roll up the dough lengthways into a log.
- Cut up the dough into 2″ pieces.
- Grease a large pan with the butter and lay the dough pieces into the pan swirl side down leaving gaps in between each piece to allow room to expand whilst in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk the cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract until well combined.
- When ready, take out the cinnamon rolls and pour cream cheese frosting on top and distribute evenly. The heat from the cinnamon rolls will melt the frosting.
- Use floss to cut up the dough to enable the log not to lose its shape.
- Best served warm. Serve immediately or heat back up in the oven or microwave.
- The cream cheese frosting is optional and can be replaced with just melted butter or just the cinnamon rolls served as they are.
Recipe altered from CookWithApril on YouTube