Sorry for the lack of posts!
Those from the UK will know that our Summer has totally disappeared, the weather has been dark, rainy and gloomy for the past weeks. What’s best than to have a hot dessert to warm ourselves up!
This recipe is for the Chocolate Fondant also known as the Molten Lava Chocolate Cake. Rich in flavour and so simple to make!
100g Butter + extra for ramekins
100g Dark Chocolate
100g Self-raising Flour
Handful of Pistachio Nuts (finely chopped) (optional)
- Break the chocolate into same pieces into a microwaveable bowl. Heat together with the butter and sugar in the mircowave for 1 minute and mix well until everything has melted and combined together.
- Whisk in the eggs and flour.
- If using pistachio nuts, stir them into the mixture aswell.
- Rub some butter around the inside of the ramekin dishes and dust with cocoa powder, to stop the mixture sticking to the ramekins when cooked.
- Divide the chocolate mixture equally into the ramekins. Clingfilm the ramekins and place in the fridge to cool until you need them.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Take off the clingfilm from the ramekins and place into the oven for 14 minutes.
- Take out from the oven and leave on the side for 30 seconds to cool slightly. Use a knife to loosen the fondant from the ramekin and turn out onto the serving plate.
- Serve immediately with ice cream and more finely chopped pistachio nuts.
Recipe from Sorted Food @ Youtube