Summer has finally arrived in the UK. Chilled desserts are one of the best things to have after coming back home to a long day out in the sun. This berry and champagne jelly is light and refreshing, with a slight kick of alcohol, perfect to chill out with in this blazing sun.
Handful of Mixed Berries
150ml Champagne / Sparkling Wine
50ml Water + extra to soak gelatine
2 Gelatine Leaves
1tbsp Lemon Juice
- Soak the gelatine in water to soften.
- Heat the sugar and water until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the gelatine leaves and stir into the sugar water.
- Pour in the champagne and lemon juice, and mix well.
- Pour the champagne mixture into jelly molds and divide the blueberries between the molds. Place in the fridge and chill for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, place the jelly mold into a bowl of hot water for a few seconds to loosen and turn upside down onto a serving plate.
I only had blueberries oy first attempt at this recipe. The jelly didn’t turn out as attractive.
After including strawberries as well on my 2nd attempt, it makes such a difference. No wonder why strawberries and champagne are such a great combination together.
Recipe altered from 精巧甜品 DIY by Rachel Yau